Decor ideas to brighten up your apartment for spring
by Decorating Den |
March 27th, 2019 |
Spring's arrival is officially here! Soon, there will be warmer weather, even more daylight and gorgeous fresh greenery at your disposal. There's no better way to celebrate the changing seasons than with an upgrade to home decor! If you live in an apartment, you may find it more difficult to decorate your living space, but not this season.
Switching up your current design scheme doesn't have to involve a complete transformation. A simple seasonal change can be achieved with some new accessories!
Here are a few options for brightening up your apartment for spring:
1. Hang floral art Instead of going against your landlord's wishes by painting the walls, hang floral art instead. This is a great alternative for adding some character to your space without changing the wall color. Keep seasonal flowers in mind while you choose your artwork. Popular spring flowers include tulips, peonies, hydrangea, daffodils and iris, all of which can be captured beautifully in a photograph or painting.
2. Place greenery throughout the space Speaking of flowers, winter's end means now's a great time to consider livening up your living space with fresh greenery. From your favorite florals and succulents to fresh shrubs and window plants, the opportunity to make your apartment more eco-centric and seasonal is endless. Just be sure you know which plants need the most sunlight and water to ensure they grow all season long.
3. Use pastel window treatments Your windows present another opportunity to personalize your wallspace. Gorgeous sheer window treatments in your favorite pastel shade can welcome the season of spring with open arms and let in the sunlight with ease. Stay away from dark, heavy treatments this time of year, as they can make your living space feel more dreary.
4. Add a statement piece of furniture If you're looking for a way to make your living space pop and get your guests talking, spring is the perfect time to consider investing in that unique piece of furniture you've had your eyes on. A gorgeous lounge chair in a bright shade of pink or turquoise can act as a major focal point in your apartment this season and make a bold statement. Make sure the color you choose complements the rest of your decor with ease.
5. Throw down a fresh area rug Does it feel like your floors need some attention? Whether your apartment has carpeting or hardwood floors, a new area rug can give the room flair and add a whole new vibe to the atmosphere. There's a reason they say area rugs can bring a living space together – with this piece, you can make an incomplete room feel more composed almost seamlessly. Use the existing decor in your apartment to choose a color that would look best, but be sure to keep popular spring pastels in mind to follow seasonal trends.
Living in an apartment shouldn't keep you from decorating your space to flow with the change of seasons. If you want to make a statement without making major adjustments to the floor plan, just get in contact with a personal decorator from Decorating Den Interiors. One of our design professionals will come to your house for a free consultation to evaluate the space. From there, you can discuss these ideas and ask for insight based on your personal preferences, wants and needs. What's best, is that you can even take these ideas and suggestions with you when you move into a larger living space!
Don't let your home fall by the wayside this spring! Call a design consultant from Decorating Den Interiors today to get started.