Decorating Den Interiors launches new website to mark 45th anniversary
Decorating Den Interiors, North America’s largest interior design and home furnishings franchise company, announced the launch of a new website (www.decoratingden.com) as part of its 45th annual conference and supplier market held earlier this month in San Diego, Calif.
“The new website is the logical next step after the new branding look we introduced last year to reflect our broader offerings of home furnishings,” said James S. Bugg, Jr., president and chief executive officer. “Our new website is comprehensive, much like the home furnishings products and design services we provide to our customers, and it has a fresh visual appearance.”
“See why over 1,000,000+ customers have chosen Decorating Den Interiors ” is the overall theme of the website explained David Haseley, vice president of merchandising and marketing. “And, of course, there also is a section about having the career of your dreams.”
The portfolio of photos of room makeovers is more prominently displayed with improved navigation. “This section has always been the most visited part of our website,” Haseley said. “Visitors to the new site will find it even more inspiring.”
Design service and product information
The new website makes it easier to find the location and information about Decorating Den Interiors design professionals in local markets. Entering a zipcode or Canadian postal code will bring up a list of nearby franchise owners noting how close each is and with a link to each franchisee’s website.
Other features of the new website are:
- A clear description of “How we work,” the in-home complimentary design service that has been the company’s hallmark throughout its 45 years.
- Information on how the company’s broad network of home furnishings suppliers enables its design professionals to better meet the client’s budget and lifestyle.
- Explanations about personalizing and customizing to give clients a room design that is their own.
- Product information about styles and quality categorized by window coverings, upholstered furniture, case goods, accessories, wall coverings, flooring, bedding, and outdoor.
- A sample of its monthly design tips newsletter and an easy sign-up form to subscribe.
- A link to the Decorating Den Interiors blog
- News and upcoming events throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Career and franchise ownership opportunities
The new website also provides a new entry point to the company’s online career resource that was introduced last year. “Our Virtual Tour has proven to be very beneficial to those exploring independence through our proven education and business systems,” says Bugg. “It was integral to us adding 23 new franchises last year.”
Featured on the tour are videos from interior decorators who made the change to independent careers from other jobs, some not related to interior design. “The site is organized into small sections that visitors can take in one at a time at their own pace,” says Bugg. “We want them to be very comfortable and at ease in exploring whether our business systems and our training programs can lead them to independence doing something they truly enjoy.”
“Since our founding in 1969 as basically a drapery company, we have provided the opportunity for thousands of women, and some men, to become independent design professionals selling a wide range of home furnishings products. They in turn have helped home owners across the U.S. and Canada enjoy rooms that are more beautiful and functional. The new website communicates these benefits to our customers in more informative and visual way than before.”