by Decorating Den |
September 16th, 2019 |
Holiday Decor,Living Room Decor
Since many find Labor Day to be the unofficial send-off to summer, September's arrival often gets more and more people thinking about the holidays. Soon enough, your home will be filled with decorations, presents and loving family members for the big holiday celebration. Before this can happen, however, you need to make sure your living space encourages the party and acclimates guests with ease. The last thing you want to do is invite family and friends over to a crowded, unorganized space that doesn't exude the slightest touch of comfort.
Are you throwing this year's holiday party? Consider the following tips for getting the family room ready for the holidays:
1. Remove the clutter As with any room transformation, the first and most important step is decluttering. Get rid of the odds and ends that are holding the room back from its full potential. From stacks of mail and old magazines to the lounge chair you haven't touched in years, there are plenty of different ways to reorganize the space before you start your redesign.
2. Encourage easy traffic flow Speaking of organization, traffic flow is something you must keep in mind during the revamp. You're likely getting the room ready for a large group of people, so you want to avoid a jumbled mess of poorly placed furniture. Rearrange the sofas, tables and chairs in a way that encourages guests to glide seamlessly throughout the space.
3. Provide ample seating Keeping traffic flow in mind is critical, but that doesn't mean you should remove all but one option for seating. Remember: You're going to have guests over who may want access to seating most of the night, so provide enough to accommodate all of your guests.
4. Reevaluate the design scheme Once the space is in order, think about refreshing the theme and decor. If you want to achieve a look that matches the intimacy and cheer that comes with the holidays, perhaps a darker color palette can help you achieve this. Romantic red and neutral accents make a gorgeous option that matches the holiday vibe.
5. Create a family photo wall If wall decor is at the top of mind during this holiday revamp, why not showcase your guests with a family photo wall? Create a modern collage of old and new pictures of everyone. It's a gorgeous and stylish touch, but it's also a great conversation starter.
6. Don't forget the final touches Last but not least: There's no better way to seal the deal on a redesigned room than with a few final touches. Candles or fresh flowers can be the icing on the cake to your new and improved family room. Consider seasonal bouquets and scents inspired by the holiday season.
Preparing for the holidays can be stressful enough. If getting your family room – or the rest of your home – ready for the big get-together is worrisome, contact a personal decorator from Decorating Den Interiors. He or she can come to your home for a free consultation to evaluate your space and decide where the room needs assistance. From there, you'll receive top-notch expert advice and tips for transforming your family room just in time for the holiday party.
Don't let the holidays creep up on your without completing your transformation! Contact a design consultant from Decorating Den Interiors today.