New Owners Announced
Decorating Den Interiors attracts experienced new owners
Easton, Md.—- Decorating Den Interiors announced the selection of five new franchise owners:
- Cassy Young of Athens, Ga., is expanding her existing interior design business.
- Laura Speed of Spring, Texas, had been a decorator in the Decorating Den Interiors franchise owned by Cathy and Gerald Salyers also of Spring.
- Kathy Potts of Forest, Va., had worked in finance before acquiring the franchise previously owned by Linda Edwards, also of Forest.
- Leslie Young of Fort Mills, S.C., a mechanical engineer who had a desire to make a career change to interior design.
- Ana Gil-Jones of Exton, Pa, had worked in corporate financebefore starting a small interior design business.
“This group of new owners demonstrates several important strengths of our company, ” says Jim Bugg, Jr. president and chief executive officer. “Our franchise owners are able to build solid businesses that are attractive for acquisition. Decorators working within an existing franchise have the opportunity to open their own business. Owners can come from careers outside of interior design. And, independent interior designers can benefit from converting their business to a franchise.”
To assist others who would like to explore starting or expanding an interior design business, the company has developed a new online resource. “It is a virtual tour of our proven business tools and educational program,” says Bugg. It can be accessed at www.decoratingden.com by clicking on Franchise Information and then the Take our Virtual Tour button.
“As North America’s largest interior design and home furnishingsfranchise company, we represent more than 85 home furnishings suppliers and offer our customers furniture, case goods, accessories, lighting, floor and wall coverings, draperies and other hard and soft window treatments,” Bugg explains. “Our design professionals bring samples directly to the client’s home or office and provide complimentary design services and installation.”
Decorating Den Interiors was founded in 1969. The Bugg family has provided its leadership since 1984. James S.Bugg, Sr., chairman, is former chairman of the International Franchise Association and a member of its Franchise Hall of Fame. Carol Donayre Bugg, ASID, DDCD, author of five books on decorating, serves as vice president and director of design. Her latest book is “Decorating…the Professional Touch,” Each interior decorator has access to thousands of samples of designer window treatments; wall and floor coverings; furniture, lighting and accessories; all brought directly to each client’s home or office Their work is regularly featured in interior decorating magazines, journals and books.
Public Relations Counsel