by Decorating Den |
June 10th, 2020 |
Independence Day, one of the most exciting days of the summer, may be a little different this year. You might not have the chance to see community fireworks, attend a parade or head to the beach to soak up the sun, but that doesn't mean you can't still celebrate. You can throw your own intimate backyard bash for the holiday, just as long as you practice safe social distancing.
We can all agree that a relaxing Fourth of July get-together is well deserved across the country. If you're interested in inviting a few close friends and family members over for a small soiree, consider the following tips for preparing and decorating for the occasion:
1. Set the tone on the front porch A great first impression goes a long way; consider the front of your home the smile on your face when you meet someone new for the first time. You're likely throwing the get-together in the backyard, but decorating the front porch or patio area of your home can get guests excited about the party and set the right tone for the rest of the night.
2. Clean up your backyard The last thing you want is to present a backyard that's off-putting from the moment guests arrive. Make sure you set aside time before the party to take care of the landscaping and yard work you've been putting off. Something as simple as a fresh cut lawn can make a huge difference for the look and feel of your outdoor patio area.
3. Help your guests feel comfortable with a cozy and safe seating arrangement While giving your guests a comfortable place to retreat and relax should be the top priority, it's very important to respect social distancing guidelines during these uncertain times. Consider your current situation – does your furniture provide enough area for visitors to get comfortable? Also, is there enough space between your seating options for people to mingle without getting too close? These are important factors to consider as you plan and prepare for the party.
4. Have fun with red, white and blue At the end of the day, you can't let the meaning of the party fall by the wayside. Don't forget to show off your patriotism with a slew of red, white and blue decor and accessories. The plasticware, cups and other paper products, as well as streamers and balloons are essential, but you can also incorporate stylish design features to your cozy set up as well. A gorgeous deep blue outdoor area rug can bring comfort to your feet while a few red and white throw pillows on the patio furniture can set the tone for the party if the goal is to sit back, relax and socialize.
5. Contact a personal decorator for more assistance Whether you've never thrown a backyard party or you're simply feeling less creative lately and you're looking for more guidance, a personal decorator from Decorator Den Interiors can assist.
Based on your comfort level, a design specialist can come to your home for a free consultation or you can discuss your ideas over the phone. From there, you'll develop a game plan for redecorating that involves picking the picture-perfect furniture, accessories and other details you may have overlooked by taking on this project alone.
The Fourth of July will be here before you know it. Are you ready for the holiday weekend? Contact a personal decorator from Decorating Den Interiors today to get started.