REALTOR® Mag Features
REALTOR® Magazine offers room makeover secrets from Decorating Den Interiors design professionals
Easton, Md.— REALTOR® Magazine turned to eight Decorating Den Interiors design professional in different cities to offer tips and cost information to help realtors advise clients on cost vs.value of room makeovers.
Freelance writer Barbara Ballinger, author of several books on real estate, architecture and remodeling, interviewed the Decorating Den Interiors franchise owners “to get an idea of what finished rooms cost to complete. We asked each to show us a single room they designed. They shared before and after photos, furnishing costs and each space’s challenges and advantages. You’ll hear where they splurged and when they cut back, as well as additional tips to guide you through the process of completing a room,” she wrote.
The room makeover scenarios can be found by clicking HERE. REALTOR® Magazine is the official publication of the National Association of Realtors and reaches more than one million readers.
Decorating Den Interiors franchisees featured are:
- Barbara Elliott and Jennifer Ward-Woods, Atlanta, for a living room
- Lisa Landry, Arlington, Texas for a living room
- Theresa Gionesi, Long Island, N.Y. for a master bedroom
- Terri Ervin, Atlanta, for a dining room
- Judy Underwood and Cliff Welles, Bonita Springs, Fla. for a kitchen
- Kathie Golson and Adriana Serrano, Orlando, Fla. for a master bedroom
- Lynne Lawson and Laura Gonzalez, Columbia, Md for a lower level family room
- Sarah Hermans, Philadelphia, for a balcony
Decorating Den Interiors was founded in 1969. The Bugg family has provided its leadership since 1984. James S.Bugg, Sr., chairman, is former chairman of the International Franchise Association and a member of its Franchise Hall of Fame. Carol Donayre Bugg, ASID, DDCD, author of five books on decorating, serves as vice president and director of design. Her latest book is “Decorating…the Professional Touch,” Each interior decorator has access to thousands of samples of designer window treatments; wall and floor coverings; furniture, lighting and accessories; all brought directly to each client’s home or office Their work is regularly featured in interior decorating magazines, journals and books.
Public Relations Counsel